Guthrie Street Primary School's Outside School Hours Care program aims to provide for the individual needs of your child in a safe, caring and fun environment.
Our program aims to:
- Provide a wide range of stimulating and interesting activities, indoor and outdoors for Foundation to Year 6 children.
- Provide for the needs of individual children. This includes afternoon tea.
- Provide a warm and friendly atmosphere for children, parents and staff.
- Provide quality care for your child on a casual or permanent basis.
Outside School Hours Care is held in the Multipurpose Building, on the western side of the school.
Parents are welcome to come along and have a look. Please feel free to come and discuss any aspect of the Outside School Hours Care Programs with the co-ordinator.
The philosophy of the Outside School Hours Care Program is to encourage and supports each child’s growth in an environment that embraces the developmental milestones.
The principles that are modelled in this service reflect and encourage relationships that are secure and respectful, enhance positive partnerships with all involved and ensure high quality of care and behaviours at all times, respect for diversity and providing ongoing learning and reflective practices.
The program offers a warm and friendly atmosphere to build relationships with qualified staff, children and parents.
The service strives to ensure out students are active, happy and have a positive manner to achieve their personal best through play and development in a safe and supportive environment.
We embrace multiculturalism, diversities and special needs of all participants.
The program provides quality care on a permanent or casual basis.
Bookings and procedures
Outside School Hours Care
- Bookings are taken up to 12 noon on the day.
- Casual/Permanent bookings are to be made via the Guthrie Street Primary School office on (03) 5821 1944 from 8:30am-4:30pm or directly with the Outside School Hours Care Co-ordinator between 2pm-6pm.
- Cancelling a booking must be made by 12 noon to the school office for us to confirm the numbers of staff required, and to know the whereabouts of your child.
A registration form will be available in the school newsletter and the school office prior to each term holidays providing all relevant information.
How to enrol
A registration form is available for download from this page, from Guthrie Street Primary School office or the Outside School Hours Care Co-ordinator. You are required to complete and sign the appropriate forms prior to the child commencing care.
Outside School Hours Care is available from 3:15pm until 6:00pm each school day.
Childcare is also offered on pupil-free curriculum days throughout the school year from 8:00am until 6:00pm.
Vacation Care is conducted between terms 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. There is no Vacation Care available in January.
- Full day — 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Half days — 8:00am to 1:00pm or 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Enrolment Form - Outside School Hours CareIncludes privacy notice, photo/video release form, student code of conduct agreement and medical condition declarations.PDF, 2.1 MB
Booking Form - Outside School Hours CarePDF, 275 KB
Brochure - Outside School Hours CareDownload a handy fact sheet in a print-friendly PDF format.PDF, 648 KB